Please specify your contact details and your request.
Mr. THUAN Dit DIEUDONNÉ, lawyer registered at the bar of Strasbourg, has more than 20 years of professional experience. He practises in Alsace but travels throughout metropolitan France, and also pleads before European and international courts.
He is recognized for his interventions and expertise in international and European human rights law. He has been a member of the Strasbourg Bar Council since 2021 (Criminal Law, Minors and Environment Commission).
Since January 2015, he has been the founder of the law firm THUAN Dit DIEUDONNÉ based in Strasbourg, whose activity is resolutely oriented towards the international market:
- International and European Human Rights Law (United Nations Law, Council of Europe Law, African Union Law)
- International Criminal Law and International Humanitarian Law
- European Union Law
- International Civil Service Law
- Private International Law in Civil and Commercial Matters
- Indigenous and Indigenous Peoples’ Rights
- International Liability of Commercial Companies
- Environmental Law
- Internal family law
- International Criminal Law
Experience and notoriety
Mr. THUAN Dit DIEUDONNÉ has more than 20 years of professional experience in international law. It has acquired a certain notoriety in this field, particularly in the complex and evolving field of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms.
Perseverance: results and a flawless determination
The law firm is committed to working with you to achieve convincing results over time. Determined and persevering, the firm accompanies you throughout the judicial process of your case, without ever leaving you on the side of the road.
Tailor made services: a responsive and empathetic law firm, human sized, that adapts to your needs
Composed of one to two collaborators, a secretary and several professional trainees, the team is small and human-sized for better follow-up, better listening and better reactivity. For complex cases, the Firm can easily set up a multidisciplinary, multilingual and international team.
European Court of Human Rights
Former Senior case-lawyer at the European Court of Human Rights – He was in charge of investigating and examining cases filed with the Court, in particular French and Monegasque cases. From the submission of the application to the delivery of the deliberation, the Senior case-lawyer of the Registry of the Court actively participate in the judicial process of the European Court of Human Rights and thus have a high degree of analysis and legal technicality.
Mr.THUAN Dit DIEUDONNÉ has handled more than 1000 applications, mainly against France, in his capacity as a Senior case-lawyer. In this capacity, he has performed quasi-judicial functions by assisting the judges of the Court in the judicial processing of applications and in the drafting of decisions and judgments adopted.
In addition, Maître THUAN Dit DIEUDONNÉ represents the Registry of the Court at conferences given to groups of visitors (students, teachers, administrative staff, lawyers and professional magistrates as part of the continuing training of judges) on the work of the Registry and the case law of the Court, as well as in his capacity as a speaker on numerous occasions at external events.
Council of Europe
Mr. THUAN Dit DIEUDONNÉ has been External consultant / independent expert accredited by the Council of Europe, on several occasions, in the context of expertise and/or consulting missions in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Mr. THUAN Dit DIEUDONNÉ is on the Council of Europe’s list of experts. In this capacity, he has participated in several expertise and/or consulting missions in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
- Training of national trainers, organised in collaboration with Interights and the Netherlands Helsinki Committee, for lawyers and judges in Serbia and Montenegro (April 2006) ;
- Training of a group of Albanian judges and prosecutors on applications for conditional release in prison law (April 2008, Strasbourg) ;
- Training of local NGO legal services in Albania on Article 14 ECHR (October 2009, Tirana, Albania) ;
- February 2010 – May 2011 : “Mid-term expert” of the EU-funded “Support Access to Justice in Armenia” programme: reform of the Armenian legal aid system and the Code of Civil and Criminal Procedure; drafting of the “Law on Lawyers”; initial training of Armenian judges and prosecutors on the ECHR; training on international anti-corruption standards (Yerevan, Armenia)
- July / October 2015 : short term expert in Azerbaijan (lawyers, prosecutors, judge) on Article 2 of the ECHR ; the fight against violence against women (domestic violence) ; Article 1 of Protocol No 1 and the protection of personal data.
Lecturer at the Robert Schuman University of Strasbourg
Mr. THUAN Dit DIEUDONNÉ was for years Lecturer at the Robert Schuman University of Strasbourg, as part of Master II “International relations, regional integration; Council of Europe option“.
Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
Former Secretary of the Committee on Legal Affairs and Human Rights of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe – Mr. THUAN DIT DIEUDONNÉ participated in the elaboration of parliamentary resolutions, recommendations, opinions and amendments adopted in Committee and then by the Plenary Assembly of the Pan-European Organisation.
Mr. THUAN Dit DIEUDONNÉ participated in particular in the drafting of the following acts of the Parliamentary Assembly, under the supervision of the parliamentary rapporteurs:
- Advice on expulsions of EU citizens of Roma origin
- Notice on the legality of the blockade of Gaza and on the interception on the high seas of the Mavi Marmara fleet under public international law (including humanitarian law)
- Notice on the general prohibition of the wearing of the Islamic veil in public places
- Advice on the situation in Kosovo and the role of the Council of Europe
- Resolution and Recommendation on Human Rights Violations in the North Caucasus Region
- Resolution and Recommendation on Mutual Legal and Police Assistance in the Suppression of War Crimes
- Resolution and Recommendation on the respect of human rights by private companies
- Resolution and Recommendation on witness protection in the Balkans
BI For Business Integrity
Associate consultant for the American society” BI For Business Integrity “, Mr. THUAN Dit DIEUDONNÉ’s firm can operate in Africa, the Americas and Europe in the context of audits and “legal and social diagnosis” of commercial companies investing in high-risk areas in order to identify their possible civil and criminal liabilities throughout their supply chain, and/or for local communities (indigenous and native peoples).
Finally, as part of its voluntary and civic associative activities, THUAN Dit DIEUDONNÉ Master performs the following functions:
- Chairman of the Human Rights Commission of the Union des Avocats Européens,
- Member of Avocat Sans Frontières (France).
- Founding member of the A3D (Association pour la Défense des Droits des Détenus) :
- Voluntary association lawyer” Innocence En Danger“, whose social goal is the protection of children in danger (placement, violence, paedocriminality, etc.).
 March/April 2006: training of trainers (lawyers) in Serbia and Montenegro on Articles 5 and 6 of the ECHR; 19 to 24 September 2006: training of trainers (lawyers) in Serbia Montenegro on Articles 9, 10 and 11 of the ECHR; 10 November 2006: training of trainers on Article 6 of the ECHR (Strasbourg); 27 June 2007 : training of French judges of the judiciary on Article 8 of the ECHR in the light of the Hague Convention of 25 October 1980 on the Civil Aspects of Child Abduction (Strasbourg); March 2008 : training of a delegation of judges from the 17th Chamber of the Paris High Court specialising in press offences on Article 10 of the ECHR (Strasbourg); 29 April 2008: training of Albanian prosecutors and judges on Article 5 of the ECHR (application for conditional release and adjustment of sentences) (Albania); 21-22 November 2008: training of children’s lawyers in the case law of the Court on the protection of minors (Strasbourg); 26 January 2009: intervention at the IEP Strasbourg on the case law interactions between the ECJ and the ECHR; 19-22 March 2009: training of lawyers in the procedure before the European Court of Human Rights (AIJA/FNUJA Seminar); June 2008: training of a delegation of Libyan and Egyptian judges; 16 April 2009 : Training of African judges from CEMAC (Economic and Monetary Communities of Central Africa); 15-16 October 2009: Training of Albanian human rights defenders (lawyers, directors of local NGOs) on Articles 6, 13 and 14 of the ECHR (Tirana, Albania); November 2009: Training of social services and PJJ staff from Bouches-du-Rhône on the rights of the child as part of the “CIDE . symposium What progress has been made? Past and future? “(Marseille); 6 June 2010: training of lawyers at EFACS (Ecole de formation des avocats du centre et du south west) on violence against children, Montpellier.
 “Risk management in Europe : de l’effet pervers du principe de précaution”, Marseille, 12 October 2012; ICC Commission Corporate Responsibility and Anti-corruption, Paris, 23 October 2013 on “Business and Human Rights – the Role of Business in Weak Governance Zones”; “Le droit de la preuve en Europe”, Union des avocats européens, Marseille, 17 October 2013 ; “International Law, Human Rights and the Rights of Women”, The Strasbourg Conference on International Law & Human Rights 2014 "The Role of International Law to Promote Sustainable Development, Youth Empowerment & Women’s Rights", The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy Strasbourg, 15 April 2014; “Collective actions and punitive damages in Europe”, European Lawyers’ Union, Vienna (Austria), 27 June 2014; Seminar on the protection of journalists, Council of Europe, 3 November 2014 ; UAE Congress, European Citizenship, Malaga, 18 June 2015; Child Placement under the ECHR, 31 March 2016, Paris; United Nations Forum on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, New York City, USA, 5-20 May 2016; Panelist at the World Energy Forum, New York, USA, 19-22 October 2016 ; Symposium EDH Court AFDT Conference Social Law Conference 8-9 September 2017 at the European Court of Human Rights on “Social Europe and Human Rights”; Training organized by ERA at the European Parliament on Article 13 of the ECHR in relation to aliens’ rights / Recent case law of the European Court of Human Rights in Asylum Matters” 1-2 June 2017 in Strasbourg; The Lawyer’s Human Rights “, UAE Commission of Human Rights – Training Course on Human Rights, Naples, Italy, October 11-13, 2018; La protection de l’enfant en droit international “, Etats généraux du Droit de la famille, Paris (advanced training for lawyers) ; Conference of the High Representatives of the Ministers of the Interior on the fight against domestic violence Co-organised with the French Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers “The police, a key actor in the fight against domestic violence”, 24 and 25 September 2019, Council of Europe, Strasbourg Agora Building, room G1 ; Conference “Torture and European arrest warrant, the necessary control of French judges”, October 30, 2019, Ligue des droits de l’Homme; ERA training June 5, 2020 for lawyers and magistrates on the right to a fair trial in criminal matters (Assistance in criminal proceedings, Police custody, right to an interpreter); ERA training October 17, 2020 for lawyers and magistrates on “Recent ECHR case-law on Labour Law matters”; ERA training on January 29, 2021 for lawyers and magistrates “Times of Emergency, Covid-19 and Human Rights Law”; ERAGE training (Ecole régionale de formation des Avocats du Grand Est), August 27, 2021, Beaune “Exploitation des ressources du droit international des droits de l’Homme devant le juge national” (garde à vue, procédure pénale, mandat d’arrêt, extradition).